Saturday, February 21, 2009

Girl parties are tricky...

Today Carson went to a girl birthday party. For the record, he only agreed to go because it was at a gymnastics studio and he knew that there would be trampoline time and time to swing on a rope into a huge pit of giant foam blocks. The girl in question is a nice little girl who adores Carson and therein lies the problem - he does not adore being adored. One day that will be funny.
Anywho - I bought the present, card and wrapping on my own since Carson could not be bothered to look at boring girl stuff. I picked out a nice present and a nice little card that said something about a sweet girl having a great birthday. The "incident" happened as the birthday girl was opening her presents. They had all the kids in a semi-circle around her and she decided to read each card out loud before opening the presents. All the parents were standing behind the kids watching as the room got quiet so they could all hear who the present was from and what the card said. When she got to Carson's present, she read the card about a sweet girl having a great birthday, at which point, Carson turned to me and yelled "
What kind of card did you BUY?!?!?!"
All the parents burst into laughter as I tried to reassure him that it was just a nice card and that there wasn't anything weird in it - his ears were so red and he was truly upset with me for that card. I was trying not to laugh but I couldn't help it and he yelled, "I DO NOT think she is sweet!" One day he will see how funny this was - but for now, I've learned my lesson and from this point on, all girl's birthday cards will simply say Happy Birthday and nothing more! Seeing as how there were lots of girls at this party who witnessed this -- I may never have to buy another girl's birthday card anyway. That boy just cracks me up!

2 comments:

  1. Just be glad Griffin was not there to witness that !! He would have gone crazy..Poor little guy, next time buy a card that says I think you are ok for a girl..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little boy. You are traumatizing him making him go to a girls party.

    ReplyDelete