Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I think Ben Franklin had it wrong


Supposedly, Ben Franklin once wrote "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." While that may be true to some degree, I think he missed the mark. In my opinion, fried squash on a summer day edges out beer under any circumstance. Maybe that's just the Southern girl in me talkin' but give me a big plate of fried squash (with just a cornmeal coating and plenty of salt) over a beer any day. I actually personally know people who have never had fried squash and I feel plenty sorry for those folks. Now that I have my super fryer -- maybe I will make this my personal philanthropic mission for the world -- to introduce the fried squash ignorant to the joys of this delicious summer treat. If you happen to be one of those poor souls - stop by any time and I'll fry up a mess for you....you'll thank me for it.


And if you want to bring cold beer to go with my squash, I won't say no. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yep, fried squash is just about the best thing ever. YUM> I might make me some tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete