Thursday, December 31, 2009

DAY THREE - Happy New Year!

Well, I was all set to begin telling you how much worse today is than yesterday but then Heather was kind enough to send me a link to a couple's blog who have been battling cystic fibrosis, lymphoma and a premature baby and double lung transplant -- and that kind of took what little wind I had out of the sails. Thanks Heather. While I do realize that my problems are very small compared to many other people's -- sometimes we all just need a good wallowing in whatever personal tragedy we are experiencing at the time. With that in mind, here's my update:

Today is worse than yesterday, way worse. For one thing, I didn't get any sleep last night because there is literally no way for me to lay that my gigantic uvula doesn't close off my throat and threaten to choke me to death. It is ridiculous. I can doze for 10 minutes at a time but then I wake myself either choking or emitting some of the most hideous snoring sounds you have ever heard. I cannot believe that a petite sweet young thing such as myself could possibly be capable of making the kind of sounds that have been coming out of my head at night. Trust me, I've investigated thoroughly and I'm always the only one in the room when the sounds are happening so I'm pretty sure it's me. Second, I was told yesterday to take Benadryl whenever I took my pain meds, which I did all night and I have decided that that is clearly not a good idea for me. I got out of bed at 830am today and have not touched the Benadryl since then and I STILL feel like I am walking and thinking through pudding. The combo of pain meds, nausea meds and Benadryl is just too much for me so I'll gladly be itchy for the duration since I cannot even form a coherant sentence when i take it all. I think I scared the boys this morning by making no sense whatsoever. The last thing that is making today worse is that my neck and head are killing me. It feels like the worst headache I've ever had and it starts in my shoulders and goes to the top of my head. My skin just hurts to touch it! The headache is much worse than the sore throat at this point.

SO, let's stand back and take stock: I haven't worn makeup for 2 days, nor have I gotten out of my PJ's. I cannot speak in full sentences, my face is broken out, I am snoring like a prehistoric creature, my breath smells like the creature died in my mouth, I have a headache and nausea and I am generally unpleasant all the way around --- who doesnt think Tim is the luckiest guy in the world????
He has been so patient and kind and is trying to help as much as he can -- I'd feel worse if I hadnt pre-paid him for this a few weeks ago!

Thank you to everyone who has offered to help and who has sent good wishes our way. We can use all you can send.
For those of you lucky enough to have plans tonight - have fun and BE SAFE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very descriptive posting there, maybe a little too descriptive...There is NOTHING wrong with being in your pajamas for days on end, as a matter of fact i strive to do that in my own life, also not making coherant sentances is acceptable as well as it is New Years eve and most of the worlds population (myself excluded) will be blithering, incoherant idiots in a matter of hours so you will have lots of company. As far as the uvula that is just gross and weird and I wish I could be there to see it!! Also the breathing sounds cool too. Sorry your head hurts, I hope you feel beter in the new year. And don;t mind Heathers links she love a depressing story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH. SO sorry that you aren't able to sleep. That is probably the worst part of it all. Being tired plus in pain is no fun.

    The link I sent you to the family is pretty sad but did you find where he had the same surgery. He said it wasn't as bad as he has anticipated but he thanked the slushie machine for that. That is the reason I suggested the machine. I hope today, #4, was better than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete