Monday, December 28, 2009

This is going to be fun!


Ok, first -- I know that it's been a long time since I posted anything at all and I have a lot of catching up to do but that will have to wait a few days because I'm inviting you to go on a journey with me starting tomorrow. Tomorrow, I am getting my tonsils taken out. Yep -- at the ripe old age of 29, I am finally having the surgery that most people have at 8. Most of you will not be surprised to learn about this since I'm sure you remember me getting braces as an adult - also something people normally do at 8.... and you are all now well aware of my love for surgery and how I try to have one or two each year just to keep in touch with my friends in the OR. My surgeons count on me to make the Lexus payments!

I may not have told everyone about this because at this point, its a little embarrassing to have to tell people that I'm having surgery AGAIN. This was confirmed by my dear friend Wendy who, when I told her that I had to have this done, laughed and said "I can't believe this, this is ridiculous!" and she is right. In addition to the tonsils, I am also having my sinus surgery from May repeated because yes.. I always have to have the same procedures twice (see earlier comment on my friends in the OR...).


I've spent perhaps too much time on various websites reading other folks descriptions of their own personal tonsillectomies -- and I have to say, it hasn't made me eager to get in there tomorrow! I haven't found even one person who says "well, that wasn't as bad as I thought". I have found literally hundreds of people who say "Wow, I knew it was going to be bad but I didn't think it would be THIS bad!" -and I've found more than one who would like to cut off their own head. As you all know, in my family we deal with everything adverse with a heavy dose of sarcasm and humor so... I figured that I would blog each day about my experience and see if any of us learns something from it.

I understand that the pain meds are a big player in this process so if you come across some posts that dont make much sense - you'll know why.


I would greatly appreciate any good thoughts or prayers that you see fit to send my way -- remember that my baby Daddy is still only flying with one wing!


Here we go......

2 comments:

  1. Prayers and well wishes are with you. This should be fun, looking forward to the stories! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am too looking forward to the medicine induced drunken blogs!

    Praying for a speedy recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete