Saturday, January 2, 2010

Uvula talk - Part 2


Hi again

I got myself out of bed, had a few bites of soup and then felt good enough to try a shower. As long as I dont close my eyes, I'm OK - I have some residual dizziness from the pain meds. After my shower I worked up enough nerve to check the situation in my throat. First of all, it surprisingly feels worse than it looks - second, my uvula is still pretty big but not the gargantuan beast that it was yesterday and the day before. I've posted a picture for your amusement and also for sympathy... I should have warned you not to be eating while you are reading this... It probably only affects Amanda anyway. I'm not sure you can see what my uvula looks like from this pic but just imagine a very angry udder with only one teat hanging down. (that was purely for Amanda)

My main symptoms right now are that my throat feels like it is coated with wood chips (the big jagged kind) and it feels like I am swallowing rusty shredded razor blades and I am dizzy and seem to have lost some motor control, which is wierd. I'm assuming that the last two things will get better the more time I put between me and the pain meds.

I definitely think I am going to make it from here -- I can handle the sore throat better than the nausea.

Tim has taken the boys out to run some errands - they were all going crazy in the house so it is good that they are getting out. I feel terrible that the boys have had such a craptastic week off. And I dont think Tim has had any fun either, poor guy. He is so sick of having his arm hurt and being able to use only the left one. I wish I could speed it up for him.


That's it for now --- I'm going to attempt to make it upstairs to doctor some animals at the zoo on Wii. Yesterday I couldnt have even spelled "upstairs" so I'm making progress!


This still sucks and I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is AWESOME!! I can't get enough of looking at it!! Just one look and whatever pain I am having seems so insignificant.. The color combination is stunning!! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is very stunning. The weirdo in me even clicked on the picture and opened it up really big. It does look like you are healing well though. That is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete